Sunday, December 5, 2010

Conservation of Energy

I have a great deal of respect for myself. I share myself with those that treat me well and simply exist around those that do not. A relationship is a communication on a larger scale, wouldn't you agree? An endlessly transforming blossom.

Today I decided to release a friend. No, he didn't die or anything. He was one of my first magical working partners ten years back. I took my own advice. "Judge a practitioner by the fruits of his work." "Trust a friend by how much they are willing to give and receive... is it balanced?" It's not all that difficult either to let go of a friend that is no longer a friend. I thought it'd be more difficult. Of course, the voice in the back of my head says that I've already lost him and that the mourning process is just coming to fruition.

Perhaps that's why friends decrease in number as you get wiser. You realize what is friend and what is acquaintance or perhaps passing shadow.

Today is beautiful. The snow is melting fast. The sky is so blue. There really isn't so much need to mourn the movement of energy from one place in my mind to another. I believe my need to finish things is where I stand now. Assessing. I am not one to leave loose ends. The friction within myself gives me a motivation which is helpful. Stagnation is not a choice way I'd live. Action. Fire. It gives me... me. I know myself by every action and like myself even more.

I love myself enough to say 'Fuck you' to someone I called friend when they are no longer thus. I love myself to be cold to another so that I will live successfully. Compassion is reserved like a delicate wine hidden under the floorboards. Perhaps it is just self-preservation. It is choice. And I'm not crying. I'm smiling. Fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment