Monday, November 22, 2010

Simple Craft

I was just thinking today about all of the issues in life. How complicated we make things. How we cling to thoughts and perspectives like we'd drown if we let them go. For the longest time I didn't eat cucumbers (well.. unless their pickled. I love pickles). I didn't like the flavor. Well, that is a thought that I have had since I was a child. So, I decided to open up my mind again and try it. Well, it wasn't as bad as I remembered and I can appreciate it's flavor a good amount better than I did when I was ten. Still won't put it in my salad... but it's got prospects. That day I removed a blockage. I moved it out of my way and sent it packing. The mind is very much like a labyrinth. Once you recognize the power you have to make your own neuronic-way, life becomes simpler. Your way has less complications. :)

Simplicity holds power. Much easier to interpret and in my semi-humble opinion, easier to embrace. I'm not saying I'm going to go live without in-door plumbing or not have a tiramisu in lieu of instant pudding... but my life is more enjoyable when I stop thinking about the frivolousness and bull-shitaki that many grieve through in this day and age. One side effect of this is having to release the need to hit people over the head with a simple 2X4. The friction felt when you meet people who are trying to throw their junk on your shoulders is palpable if you're not prepared.

Part of this simplicity is the phrase "Going with the flow." A control freak like who I used to be has difficulty accepting the fact that she cannot save everyone. She cannot help her friends that are trapped in circular thinking. She cannot make someone do anything they are not ready to do themselves. Or rather... it would be an inefficient use of energy to make someone do anything they wouldn't normally. Yes, of course, there are ways of pressing the chords in balance with the will of the practitioner. I am perfectly able to press out a crafting if so motivated. However, I love my life a bit too much to use a gentle talent such as magical work for something that doesn't amount to a hill a' beans. Unsorted rock infested beans.

Magical work when I first started practicing... started out with complicated constructs and a lovely shiny athame. These days my magical work is putting cucumbers on my plate and walking with nature instead of through it. The older I get... the more I understand that energy isn't just the ethereal. It isn't just the unseen. It isn't just circles and wards. It is the breath in my lungs and the power of my laugh. That, I believe, is why an old witch cackles. Because nothing else can sum it all up quite like a good throat splitting cackle.

Thanks for listening.

Blessings,
Greymentality

No comments:

Post a Comment